Our Range of Services Include:
Root Canal Treatment
When an injury or disease of a tooth involves the nerve tissue, root canal treatment is necessary to save the tooth. Root canal treatment is the process of removing the inflamed or infected nerve tissue, cleaning the root canal space and sealing it. This will enable the tooth to return to normal function.
Root canal treatment process:
During the first visit:
- The tooth area is first numbed to ensure your comfort.
- The tooth is then isolated from saliva with a dental dam (small sheet of rubber). This prevents bacteria from the saliva from entering the root canal.
- Access to the root canal space is achieved through an opening in the crown.
- The root canal space is cleaned with fine files and disinfecting irrigants.
- Antibacterial medication is placed within the root canal system and a temporary filling placed in the access cavity.
During the second visit:
- The temporary filling is removed and root canal checked.
- The root canals are filled with a rubber base filling material coated with a sealer material.
- A filling is placed to protect the root canals.